After setting up your company's departments and position titles, you will need to set up the job schedules. To set these up, you need to click on the Job Schedules section. If you have time & attendance enabled, then this section will be found in the Scheduler section. By default, you will find a number of preset schedules, such as Full Time 40 hours and Part Time 20 hours.
A job schedule is a summary of the employees’ weekly days and hours.
To create a job schedule, click on +Add Job Schedule:
Here, you will need to input the following:
- Job schedule name, for example, Part time 25 hours
- Code: this is just a shortened version of the name, for example, PT25
- Is full time: whether the schedule is a full time one or not
- Works public holidays: whether the employees on this schedule will work public holidays or not
- Fixed schedule: if this is selected, then the employees on this schedule will work a set amount of days and hours per week. Selecting this will bring up the below fields:
- Fixed weekly hours: how many hours the employees on this schedule work per week, for example, 25
- Fixed weekly working days: how many days the employees on this schedule work per day, for example, 5 days. This would mean that the employees on this schedule work 25 hours, 5 days a week, resulting in 5 hours of work each day. This will determine:
- The leave pro-rata entitlement given
- The number of hours of leave booked in the case of a “full day”
- The number of hours of leave deducted based on days of the week employee works on (Ex. when booking leave on weekends or public holidays)
- Payroll calculation
- Working days: here, you will select the days which the employees on this schedule work. If an employee works 5 days a week, but can work on any day from Monday-Sunday, then you need to select all 7 days. Thus, Talexio will recognise that the employee needs to work 5 days a week, irrelevant if it is a weekday or weekend.
- Leave accumulation mode: this field is only available if Is Full time is deselected, and it specifies the way which non-full time employees' leave is accumulated.
Once you are done, click create. You may now add employees.