Which leave balance is shown to the employee depends on the configuration in the Leave Type settings. To change which leave types are visible to the employee:
- Click on Leave in the left-hand side menu
- Select Leave Types from the tab menu
- Toggle on or off, the settings for “Show balance” and “Allow user to request”
Note: Any leave that is marked as “Show balance” will also be visible in payslips if the Payroll module is enabled for you. Read more about Leave types shown in payslips.
You may also decide to include/exclude certain leave types in the payslip calculation. Read more here.
Accrued leave to date
Users can view the leave hours they have accrued up until the end of the current month. This is shown beneath the Balance which shows the leave balance up until the end of the year.
The Accrued balance includes a sum of the following:
- Hours of leave accrued from start date of employment or beginning of the year (if employed prior to current year), pro rata based on their job schedule
- Any Adjustments, such as leave carried forward, which are not expired
- Any Accumulated leave in the case of irregular/casual workers or Part timers who work extra hours
If the Accrued only toggle in the leave types section is switched on then employees' will be able to view their accrued leave balance in their payslips.
In order to view the Leave Type item in your menu and amend its configuration, you will need the relevant Permissions.
If you have Admin permission (permission to manage Leave Types), all leave types available will be visible on all employee profiles.