Before adding employees to Talexio, you may wish to set up benefits which can then be assigned to your employees. Before doing so, it is recommended that you have your company's organisation structure, position titles, and job schedules already set up.
Benefits are adjustments that are given periodically as part of an employee's compensation package (for example, mobile allowance, travel allowance), or as ad-hoc adjustments to a particular payroll (for example, performance Bonus). These can be taxable or non-taxable.
In order to add new, or manage existing Benefits, you will need the 'Manage Benefits' permission. If you want to add Benefits to an employee's position, you will need the 'Manage employment position history' permission, as well as either the 'View all employee data' or 'Manage all employee data' permissions.
You may view your company's benefits in the Settings section under the tab Benefits. By default, you will find a number of preset benefits, such as Use of Car allowance and Car Cash allowance:
To add new benefits, click on +Add New Benefit:
Here, you will need to input the following:
- Benefit name: this is the name of the benefit (such as mobile allowance) that will show in the employees’ payslip
- Code: this is just a shortened version of the name, for example MOBALL
- Category: Fringe Benefits are to be classified as CAT1-3. Any other allowance falls under OTHER. You may also select share options.
- Add to Gross: selecting this will add the benefit to the employee's gross pay in the payslip (as a separate item)
- Pre-tax/post-tax: selecting pre-tax means that the benefit is taxable. Selecting post-tax means that the benefit is not subject to tax and is thus a net amount.
- Pro-rata: selecting this option means that the benefit will be calculated prorata. For example, in cases where an employee earning such benefit has unpaid leave, the benefit will be calculated prorata with the unpaid leave considered.
- Enable this benefit for Allowance Requests: for more information on this, check out this article.
Please note that any changes done to existing benefits will be applied to employees to whom such benefits are already assigned, but the changes will not affect/change any existing locked payrolls.
Click save. You have now created a benefit. This can be assigned to employees when adding them to Talexio. For a step-by-step guide on how to create employees, click here.