You encounter a scenario where one of your employees gets married during his/her employment with your company. But what do you need to do on Talexio? And how are the employee's payslips affected?
You will need the 'Manage All Employee Data' permission to change an employee's marital status on Talexio.
Not the Responsible spouse and change of Tax Status
When an employee gets married, changes their Tax Status to Married and is not the responsible spouse, the employee will receive two payslips within the month that the marriage took place. At the end of the year, this employee will receive two FS3 forms. But what do you need to do to set this up?
- First off, locate the employee from the People section.
- Go to the employee's details tab and scroll down to the Payroll field.
- Change the Marital status to Married.
- Tick 'Not the responsible spouse'. You will need to input the responsible spouse's ID card number and the date of marriage:
- Change the Tax Status to Married, scroll down and save.
When payroll is calculated for the month of marriage, you will automatically see that two payslips are generated for the same employee for that month:
- The first will include the salary proportionately up until the day before the marriage.
- The second will include the salary proportionately from the date of marriage until the end of that payroll period.
Two FS3 forms will be generated at the end of the year showing the same information.
Note: If the employee already exists in the payroll for the month of marriage, remove the employee and re-add them to that month’s payroll.
Change of Tax Status
When an employee gets married, changes their Tax Status to Married and is the responsible spouse, then all that needs to be done is for the Marital status to be changed to Married and the Tax Status to be changed to Married:
The employee will only receive one payslip (as usual).
Once the Tax status has been changed, you may generate an FS4 with the updated information and send it to the CFR for processing. To generate the new FS4, go to the employee's profile, click on documents, click on generate and FS4:
IMP: In Talexio, in order to change marital status, there is no need to create another employee record.