There are many kinds of leave types. If you have the Payroll Module, then you will have the facility to display employees' consumed leave and remaining balance on their payslips.
- Leave Balances in Payslip
- Why is the 'Show Balance in Payslip' switched greyed out?
- Add leave to payslip calculation
- Related Articles
You need to ensure that you have the 'Manage Payroll' permission if you want to generate payslips. To manage what leave is shown on payslips, you need the 'Manage Leave Types' permission. The latter needs to be set on global.
Leave Balances in Payslip
By law, Vacation leave will always show in the payslip. For official confirmation on what should show on a payslip, click here. This is how Talexio is set up by default. Should you like to show employees the balance of other leave types in the Balances to Date section of the payslip, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Leave section;
- Click on the Leave Types tab;
- Under the relevant leave type, click on 'Show balance in payslip'.
The leave will show on your employees' payslips like the below:
Why is the 'Show Balance in Payslip' switched greyed out?
You might notice that the option to show the balance in payslip is greyed out. This can be because of two reasons:
- 'Show Balance to Employee' is switched off; or
- 'Allow users to request' is switched off.
Both these two options need to be switched on to be able to switch on 'Show Balance in Payslip'.
Add leave to payslip calculation
There may be some leave types added to your system that are there for record purposes and aren’t meant to be added in the payslip calculation, such as logging “Work from home” leave.
To toggle on/off which leave should be included in the payslip calculation:
- Go to the Leave page
- Click on the Leave tab
- Enable the toggle for “Include in payslip calculations”