Advance Payments are used when the employee is given an advance on their monthly salary.
Monthly Advance Payment
If the Advance Payment is given every month to the employee, then this could be added to the Position History. The amount added to the position History is Monthly. This amount will be added to each month's payslip when you calculate payroll.
- Go to the Employee profile
- Click on the Employment tab
- Click the edit icon on the relevant Position History
- Add the advance payment amount in the field called Monthly Advance Payment in the Position History (monthly amount; positive amount)
- Click Save
Note: If payroll is already Locked for that month, you will need to Refresh the payslip calculation for this employee in order to see the change.
One-off Advance Payment
If the Advance Payment is to be a one-off payment for one particular month, this can be added to that month's payslip after payroll is calculated. You will need to add the monthly amount in the field called "Advance Payment" in the payslip dialog of the relevant employee.
- Go to the payroll of the relevant month
- Click on the relevant employee (you may need to unlock payroll if this is already locked)
- Add the advance payment amount in the field called Advance Payment in the payslip calculation (monthly amount; positive amount)
- Click Save
- The Advance Payments amount are to be added in positive amounts not negative.
- The amount added is Taxable and will be deducted from the Net, not the Gross.