The first tab in the Scheduler section is the Working schedule. This section is only available to users who have the time & attendance module enabled.
In the Working schedule, you can generate your company/department's schedule on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- How to generate
- Generating the rotation pattern schedule
- Selecting and generating for multiple employees
To make use of this section, you will need the Manage Time and Attendance Settings (set on global) and Manage T&A Working Schedules permissions.
How to generate
In order to generate a schedule for a period of time, make sure that the following has already been set up:
- Set up work locations
- Set up devices (if your company is using the physical punch clock) or enable the online punch clock
- Set up shift templates
- Set up shift configuration
- Make sure you have the correct permissions
To generate a schedule:
- Go to the Scheduler section
- Click on the Working schedule tab
- Click Generate schedule
In the pop up window, select:
- The date range that you want the schedule to cover
- The department which you would like to generate the schedule for (or else select 'Generate globally (no department and employee filters)', which would include all employees who have T&A enabled on their position history
- The job schedule of the employees for whom you would like to generate the schedule
- The specific employee(s) for whom you would like to generate the schedule
You may click the Generate Schedule button multiple times until all your desired schedules have been created. You may also add a manual shift by clicking on the relevant day within the scheduler calendar.
Once this task is completed, you may publish your schedule.
Generating the rotation pattern schedule
Alternatively, you may want to generate a rotation pattern schedule. For information on how to set up personalised rotation shifts, click here.
After setting up the rotation pattern schedule in the scheduler generator and choosing a start date, go to the Working schedule and generate the roster. The rotation will start based on the date selected as well as on the day of the week selected in the schedule generator.
Please note that this does not apply if you generate rosters on a monthly basis, as you will need to change the start of the rotation pattern since the first day of the month may fall on any day of the week.
Selecting and generating for multiple employees
When generating a roster for multiple employees, you may also past multiple employee codes into the generation window to help speed the process. To do so, you will first need to download a People report with the list of employee codes. You will need the Manage All Employee Data permission for this.
When downloading, simply select name, employee code, and Is T&A Enabled?
You may save this as a report template for next time.
Once the report is generated, open it and select the employee codes:
Press Control/Command + C or right click and copy to copy the employee codes:
Then go to Talexio, open the Working Schedule and click on Generate. The below window will pop up. Click on employees and press Control/Command + V, or right click and paste to paste the employee codes:
You will notice the employee codes populating here. Click on Generate to generate the shifts.
Once you are done, you will need to publish the shifts. Click here for details on this.