Any pending leave balance from one year, may be moved to another year at any point. This can be done either manually (Read: Setting individual leave entitlements) or else through our Leave carry forward Wizard.
- Go to the Leave page
- Select the relevant year from the calendar or list view. For example, if you would like to carry forward any remaining leave balance from 2021 to 2022, then go to December 2021 in the calendar or list view.
- Click the Carry forward button. Please note that you will need Manage leave types and Approve leave permission in order to see this button.
- A pop up will show any leave types that are set to “can carry forward” in the Leave types section. It will also show the existing balance of each employee and a field for the number of hours to be carried forward.
- If a maximum carry forward is set, the number of hours in the “Carry forward” field will not exceed this amount.
- Should you choose to set up an expiry date, the number of hours carried forward will be deducted when this expiry date elapses.
Please note that any leave booked next year will automatically take leave from the pool of leave carried forward before using up the new year's leave entitlement (assuming the expiry date, if any, has not yet elapsed).
If you'd like to pay off any pending leave balance, you may do so through payroll.