Employees whose Job schedule is not set to 'is full time?' might be able to accumulate leave over their employment with the company.
- Leave Accumulation Mode
- Different scenarios for Leave Accumulation
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Irregular/Casual Employees
- Related Articles
You will need the Manage Job Schedule Types permission (set on global) to create job schedules. If you need to assign job schedules to employees then you will need to View/Manage All Employee Data and Manage Employment Position History permissions.
Leave Accumulation Mode
When creating a job schedule, if you 'is full time?' is unticked, then you will see the below field:
This determines how an employee on this job schedule will accumulate leave hours (if at all).
The leave accumulation options are the following:
- All basic hours: leave hours are accumulated on all basic hours in the employee's employment period;
- T&A clocked basic hours only: accumulate leave on the basic hours that are approved through T&A only (please note that you will need the Time & Attendance module to make use of this option);
- Extra basic hours only: This means that leave is accumulated on any extra basic (non-overtime) hours added to the employee's basic hours over and above the normal basic hours
- Does not accumulate: with this option selected, the employees on this job schedule will not accumulate leave automatically.
Different scenarios for Leave Accumulation
Full time employees do not accumulate leave. They are given a base entitlement of 192 hours of vacation leave every year (plus any public holidays falling on a weekend). A full time job schedule is set up as follows (or similarly):
Part time employees who are on a fixed job schedule (for example: 20 hours 5 days a week) are entitled to a base entitlement of leave which is protated according to their hours (and start date). For example, if a 40 hours per week employee is entitled to 192 hours + public holidays on a weekend, a 20 hours per week employee is entitled to half that.
However, in such a case, you also have the option to select the leave accumulation mode.
In such a case, you may select Extra basic hours. This will give the part time employees additional leave entitlement for any extra hours they work over and above their normal working hours:
For more info on how accumulated is shown in payroll, check this link.
Irregular or Casual employees are set up as follows:
This means that such employees begin their employment with 0 leave entitlement. They will then accrue leave on the basis selected in the Leave Accumulation mode.
Please note the below articles which include information on the leave type settings: