Talexio can automatically calculate the notice period of any employee for any given date. This tool uses standard notice periods as identified by the DIER.
There are two ways to view an employee's notice period calculation:
- Go to the Employee Dashboard of the employee whose notice period you would like to calculate.
- Click on the burger menu (three dots stacked on top of each other).
- Choose Calculate Notice Period.
- Add the resignation date.
- The system then calculates the notice period, giving you the Employment duration, the Notice duration, and the Last Working day.
An alternative method to calculate the notice period is as follows:
- Go to Employment Position of the employee whose notice period you would like to calculate.
- Click Edit on the latest Job Record.
- Choose Position Ended and select the end date.
- Click save.
- You will be prompted to terminate the employee, correct a mistake or change the employee position.
- Select Terminate the employee.
- A window will pop up with the option to calculate the notice period.
You may also want to read: Terminating an Employee