The Working Schedule shows the roster (or schedule) of all relevant employees. Their schedule can be based either on a fixed job schedule or else a roster is generated every so often and presented to the employee in advance, prior to their shifts.
- For employees whose schedule is not fixed, users need to generate a schedule (per day/week/month).
- For those whose schedule is consistent (for example, they work Monday, Wednesday, Friday every week) you may set up a fixed pattern once without the need to generate a schedule every day/week/month.
Generating configured shifts for employees on a fixed schedule basis
To generate such fixed patterns, go to Schedule Generator, select the applicable Job Schedule and the unit which includes the employees who work on a fixed pattern. Then select the fixed shifts.
Once this is done, go to the Working Schedule, click on filter and search for the employees by department, Job Schedule, or by employee.
Switch on show configured shifts and the fixed pattern for the employee(s) will load automatically (displayed with a lower opacity than others).
Such Fixed Patterns have a number of features:
- they are displayed with lower opacity in the scheduler, differentiating them from unpublished shifts;
- they can still be edited;
- in cases where a shift already exists on a day where there is a fixed pattern, the pre-existing shift will always take priority;
- in cases where employees are on a full day of leave, fixed patterns are not shown;
- in cases where the fixed pattern falls outside the employee's schedule, this is not shown.
Review & Approve Section
In cases where there isn't a pre-existing shift in place, clockings will be displayed as an unlinked time log;
After clicking on ''Add Approval Block“, the system will check for any fixed patterns and create the shift with all the shift template settings applied (i.e., any rounding, lateness penalties, allowances, etc.) so that users can approve the hours.