Leave tags are a specific subset of a leave type. If you would like to learn more about leave types, click here.
You will need the Manage Leave Types permission. Please note that this needs to be set on global.
How to Set Up
- Go to the Leave section and click on the Leave Types tab;
- Select the leave type you would like to add the leave tag to (or else click on +Add Leave Type to create one from scratch);
- Click on More;
- From the options, select Manage Leave Tags;
- A window will pop up. Select +Add Tag and input the name of the leave tag(s);
- Click Save.
Please note that leave tags are not given their own entitlement, but will be deducted from the specified leave type.
Also, when adding a leave tag, you will notice a button entitled: "Leave tag selection is required when employees book [leave type name] leave". By enabling this option, a user will need to select a leave tag when booking such a leave type:
If this is enabled, users will not be able to book such leave without selecting a tag:
Booking Leave with Tags
To book leave for a leave type which has a leave tag(s), the process is the same as booking leave normally. The only difference is that there is a new field called Leave Type Tag. By clicking on the drop down menu, you will be able to select the leave tag.
- Upon approval, managers will see the specified leave tag. This will give them better employee visibility.
- A leave tag filtering option is also available in the Leave section.