Through the Performance Management Module, users can create and assign performance reviews for managers, colleagues, and themselves to undertake. Further to this article, more information on Performance Reviews can be found in our Overview article and also in our Webinar.
- Creating an Ad-Hoc Review
- Completing a Review
- Finalising a Review
- Review Email Notifications
To access the Performance Reviews Page, you will need either Manage Performance Reviews or View Performance Reviews permission. Each of these permissions allows different functionality:
- Manage Performance Reviews - this permission allows the person to view and amend performance reviews as well as create new performance reviews.
- View Performance Reviews - this permission gives access to an employee when set on "Self" to view and complete all the reviews they are asked to complete. It also gives them view only permission on other individuals reviews when granted over other employees/units. Please also consider the note under Finalising a Review.
The first tab in this section, Reviews, is where the performance reviews are actioned. The reviews that are visible to a person here are dependent upon the permissions given to them. The reviews that are seen here are both the reviews created through Automation Strategies or Ad-Hoc.
Each review will include the following parties:
- Reviewee - The employee set as the reviewee is the subject of the review. All criteria ratings are ratings of the Reviewee.
- Reviewer(s) - This is the individual(s) who will be completing a review about the reviewee.
The type of Review created is based on who is included as a Reviewer
- General Review - This is when an individual is asked to review themselves or a colleague. This may be a review where the reviewee is the only reviewer or their colleagues are other reviewers.
- Appraisal Review - This is when an individual is reviewed by their manager. The Reviewer is the Manager only.
- 180 Review - This is when an individual is reviewed by themselves and their manager.
- 360 Review - This is when an individual is reviewed by themselves and their manager and others.
Creating an Ad-Hoc Review
An Ad-Hoc review is a one off review that will be created on the system. This is the difference between Automation Strategies and an Ad-Hoc review, as Automation Strategies are instructions given to continually generate reviews based on the instructions set. Steps on creating Automation Strategies can be found here.
- To create an Ad-Hoc review you will need to click on the button Start an Ad-Hoc Review.
- Select the Date that the review should be completed by.
- Select who will be the Reviewee and who will be the Reviewer(s).
- Choose the criteria to be rated in the review.
- Select Create Review
Completing a Review
To begin completing a review, you need to click on the highlighted icon below, and then the review criteria will appear for reviewing.
To complete the review, you will need to rate the different review criteria. The more stars you award, the higher the score. You may also post an optional comment. Once you have completed your part of the review, then you will click Save & Publish Review, or Save Draft Review if you would like to return to the review at a later point.
Finalising a Review
The finalisation of a review is completed by the manager of the Reviewee. The Manager is determined as the person set as Direct Reports to within a persons employment position.
The manager will determine which reviews completed will be included in the finalised score. The manger can be selective of which reviews to include and therefore the system gives the two scores upon finalisation:
- Finalised Rating - This is the score of only the selected reviews taken in the finalisation.
- Overall Rating - This is the score of all the reviews submitted, even if they are not included in finalisation.
NOTE: Other employee scores are only visible when you have the permissions Manage Performance Reviews or View Performance Reviews over those employees. Without one of those permissions, you will only be able to see your own review score.
Once the review has been finalised, all other scores will become available to the reviewee if the toggle to show the finalised scores is enabled. You may finalise the reviews and turn off the ability to see finalised scores by turning the toggle off. The toggle can be turned on at a later point by the manager to make the scores visible to the reviewee.
Review Email Notifications
During the review process, employees will receive email notifications at these following points:
- When the review is created
- 3 days before the review is to be submitted
- On the day the review is to be submitted
If the review is submitted before these points, then no notification will be sent.
More information on the Performance Management Module can be seen in our Webinar on the module.