Competencies are used as a benchmark by employers to assess whether potential or current employees have the necessary level of knowledge and skills required for their particular job.
On Talexio, you can set up requirements for your designated positions so that potential or existing employees may know where they stand in line with their position's expectations. To add competencies to Talexio, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Training section and click on the Competency categories tab:
- Click on Add category.
- Add a category for your competency (for example, technical skills).
- Go to the Competencies tab and click on +Add competency:
- Add the competency and it's category.
- Press create.
Next, to add a competency requirement to a position, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Settings section
- Click on Positions
- Either click on +Add new position or else edit an existing one by clicking on the pencil icon next to the relevant position name:
- Add a competency requirement and the number of years of experience:
- Save changes.
Employees assigned to this position will then be able to go to their training dashboard and see whether they have any competency gaps (that is, whether their current competencies match those in the position, or whether they have a need to gain more experience/training).
For information on Qualification requirements, click here.
And for information on qualification reports, click here.