From the Time & Attendance module, you will have access to the Working Schedule. In the Working Schedule, you can generate your company/department's shifts on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
To make use of the Working Schedule, you will need the Manage Time and Attendance Settings (this must be set as global) and Manage T&A Working Schedules permissions.
Working Schedule Overview
When accessing the Working Schedule for the first time, you will see an empty page since no shifts have been published yet.
Eventually however you will have a completed Working Schedule which will show all the shifts generated and published for the employees on each day.
Working Schedule Filters
Within the Working Schedule, there are a number of filters that make it easy to see only the information you wish to see.
These filters include:
- Employee - This allows you to select the employee you wish to see reflected in the scheduler.
- Departments - This allows you to select the department/unit you wish to see reflected in the scheduler and all the employees within.
- Job Schedule - This allows you to select the Job Schedule you wish to see reflected in the scheduler and all the employees the Job Schedule is assigned to.
- Positions - This allows you to select the Position you wish to see reflected in the scheduler and all the employees who are assigned to that Position title.
- Work Location - Based on the created shifts, this filters the shifts to only reflect shifts assigned to the specified Work Location.
- Advanced Filters - These filters perform specific behaviors on the Working Schedule:
- Show employees without schedule - When an employee has not got any shifts added, automatically they will not be shown. This filter will make them visible.
- Hide unpublished shifts - When there is a mixture of Published and Unpublished shifts, you can use this filter to hide the Unpublished shifts.
- Show configured shifts - When there are configured shifts in the Schedule Generator, then this filter shows you these shifts, even if they have not yet been generated.
- Show employee's leave - When Leave has been approved on the system, this can be shown or hidden from the Working Schedule using this toggle.
- Use Work Location colour - The system default is to use the shift template colour in the Working Schedule. This toggle switches this to use the Work Location colour based on the Work Location added to the shift.
Working Schedule Views and Warnings
The Working Schedule view can also be amended to be shown as a Daily View, Weekly View or Monthly View.
When the view is set to Weekly, an additional view is available to group the information by Employee, Shift Template or Work Location
When there are Working Schedule Needs set up but not met in the Working Schedule, there is displayed a warning symbol, which can be clicked on to expand on the needs not met.
When looking at the Working Schedule, users can view information about the shift at a glance from each individual shift pod. When you click on the shift burger menu (3 dots) you can also click to see further functionality for that shift:
- View/Edit Details - This allows you to see a more detailed view of the shift information or, if unpublished, allows you to edit the shift details.
- Publish/Unpublish/Remove Shift - This allows you to Publish/Unpublish/Remove the specific shift.
- Request Swap - Shifts set for a future date can be swapped between employees. More information can be found here.
- Copy Shift - When creating the Working Schedule, you can copy a shift and paste it into other locations to complete the schedule. More information can be found here.
- View Discussion - This is a place where employees and managers can discuss matters that relate to the shift on that day.
Working Schedule Reports
After publishing your employees' shifts, you can export a report that gives you the breakdown of the Working Schedule information. This also includes the option to download it as a Visual Report than can be shared with employees.
From the Working Schedule you can also download a Cost Report based on Employees, Days, or the whole Schedule visible. This can be located by clicking on any of the red hyperlinked times in the header boxes.
From a completed Working Schedule, employees can begin to make clockings against these shifts. To learn more about this process, you can review the article here.
View Shift location
You also have the option to view the location in which a particular shift is going to be worked at/was worked at. From the the Working Schedule, click on the three dots near the shift an employee and click on View Location. Clicking View Location will open the Google Maps application and provide the user with directions to the location.