Certain Leave Types within Talexio can be calculated pro rata. This article explains how to set the Leave Type to pro rate the entitlement and how it is calculated.
The following permissions are required to complete the actions mentioned in this article.
- Manage Leave Types - This Permission is required globally to be able to amend the Leave Type settings
Setting a Leave Type to Pro Rata
Leave entitlements are set once for the whole company from the Leave Entitlements section. Read more here.
If you’d like to set leave to be calculated pro-rata, you will need to enable this from the Leave settings.
- Go to the Leave page
- Click on the Leave Types tab
- Enable the Pro-rata toggle
Leave entitlement for employees on a Fixed job schedule
Leave entitlement per employee is then calculated pro-rata based on:
- Job schedule
- Start date and End date of Position History
To manage the base leave entitlement for an individual employee (to give more or less entitlement than the global entitlement), read more on “How do I change Leave Entitlements for an individual employee”.
Base Leave entitlement is calculated on calendar days, as follows:
- Entitlement Pro Rated on Employment - Full Time Annual Base Entitlement (ex.224) * (Employed Calendar Days(ex.245)/365) = 150.36hrs
- Pro Rated Entitlement Figure Pro Rated according to Job Schedule - Entitlement Pro Rated on Employment (ex.150.36) * (Annual Hours (ex. 1040)/ Annual Hours of Full Time Employee (2080)) = 75.18hrs
If you would like to run this calculation with a specific employee in mind, then please download the calculator attached and complete these fields with the employee data:
- Employee Start Date (if position is to commenced at the start of the year, use 1st Jan)
- Employee End Date (if position is to continue to the end of the year, use 31st Dec)
- Fixed Weekly Hours
- Fixed Weekly Working Days
Leave entitlement for employees on a Casual job schedule
Leave base entitlement for employees who do not work fixed hours automatically starts at zero. Leave entitlement per month is accrued based on hours worked during that month