To add a new leave type, you need the Manage Leave Types Permission. Read more about Permissions here.
- Go to Leave page
- Click on Leave Types tab from the top menu bar
- Click on Add Leave Type icon at the right-hand side
- Fill in the Leave Type
- Click on Save
In the Leave Types page, you are able to view all leave types and edit each one accordingly.
- Colour: You can set a default colour for Leave Types so that they are clearly distinguishable in the Leave Calendar.
- Show Balance to Employee: The balance of this leave type will show in all employees’ Leave Breakdown on their profile
- Include in Payslip Calculations: Any leave booked will show as split between Basic hours and leave hours
- Show Balance in Payslip: The balance of this leave type will show in all employees’ payslip if you have the Payroll Module enabled
- Carried Forward: Any pending balance of this leave type will be carried forward at the end of the year
- Allow Half-Pay: Enabling this will allow users to book half pay leave balance. If this is enabled, you will need to also set a Leave Entitlement
- Allow Unpaid: Enabling this will allow users to keep booking leave when they've used up all their leave balance. Any additional leave booked over and above their balance will be automatically set to Unpaid (and therefore will not be remunerated for it)
- Allow users to request: The balance of this leave type will show in the drop-down of leave types when they are booking leave
- Allow back-dated requests: Allows users to restrict the booking or cancellation of past leave only to employees who have ‘Approve Leave’ permission.
- Pro-rata: The balance of this leave type will be given pro-rata based on hours worked. By default, vacation and sick leave should be enabled pro-rata.
- Accrued leave: Enabling this option will restrict users to booking only the accrued leave balance. This refers to the leave that an employee has accumulated up to the end of the current period
- More menu item:
- Manage permissions: This allows you to manage which employees can request and/or approve, by leave type
- Manage restrictions: This allows you to manage which leave types show by:
- Business Unit
- Country of position history
- Job schedule - Leave types can be restricted by Job Schedule. Employees with the Job Schedules selected will be able to see the leave type in their profile.
- Max Carry Forward: If the leave balance is to carry forward to the following year, you can set a maximum number of hours that are allowed to be carried forward. Read more about the Carry Forward wizard
- Carry Forward Expiry: This is the date by when any carried forward leave balance will need to be used up. Any pending balance will expire and can not be used up beyond this date.